perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] non-standard OWAMP control port

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] non-standard OWAMP control port

  • From: Andrew Lake <>
  • To: Aaron Brown <>
  • Cc: Victor Olifer <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] non-standard OWAMP control port
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 13:22:33 -0500

Hi Victor,

Aaron, another question - is it possible to get rid of deleted test results (or any results)? I understand this option  wasn’t included deliberately but maybe you have some script that cleaning some particular data in the database?

As far as I know, that’s not possible. Unfortunately, the guy who could definitively answer that question is on vacation right now. I’ll have him get back to you when he gets back though.

There is a script to remove the data.  By default a cron script that runs that deletes data based on a set of filters in a config file. Attached is a config file that will delete all data older than 1 week. You can modify it by changing the "expire" property to a value other than 7 (values are in days). To use it, you'll have to run some commands to initialize your python environment then execute the remove script giving it the attached file. The commands are as follows (assuming you downloaded ps_remove.conf to your home directory):

cd /opt/esmond
source /opt/rh/python27/enable
. bin/activate
python ./util/ps_remove_data.py -c ~/ps_remove.conf

Hope that helps,

Cheers,
Aaron

Thanks,