perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] UVA perfSONAR

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] UVA perfSONAR

  • From: Shawn McKee <>
  • To: Xiang Ji <>
  • Cc: perfsonar-user <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] UVA perfSONAR
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 14:50:15 -0500

Hi Xiang Ji,

I would recommend a clean new install unless you want to save any existing data.  It is very important to upgrade these nodes ASAP since there are numerous OS-related vulnerabilities for pre v3.4 instances.  Just be sure to save the information on hostnames, IPs, etc to use during the reinstall.

The NetInstall is usually the easiest path if you have network connectivity during the install.

See this page for details and instructions:  http://docs.perfsonar.net/install_getting.html#gettingchooseinstall

Shawn