perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Re: Clarity and Information about BTWCTL Tool

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Re: Clarity and Information about BTWCTL Tool

  • From: Szymon Trocha <>
  • To: "Tshabalala, Devine (Mr) (s210051701)" <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Re: Clarity and Information about BTWCTL Tool
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 15:24:05 +0100

W dniu 2014-12-19 o 15:13, Tshabalala, Devine (Mr) (s210051701) pisze:

Good day

My name is Devine from South Africa, studying at Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University. I am hereby requesting for your assistance. I want to create a lab for testing network performance (focusing on Bandwidth utilization) for my Masters project. At  the end l will want to integrate data collected from the BWTCL tool and Netflow tool to create a consolidated report. My challenge is, l want to know if bwctl tool can work properly if l want to do my experiment off the live network. I am not getting enough documents that elaborate more on BWCTL tool.

I did visit this site (http://software.internet2.edu/bwctl/) but it seems like its elaborating on how to test the network, but not much on its installation and requirements. If you might have some relevant sites or documents that l can look at and utilize towards my experiments and any advises related to what l want to do l will much appreciate it, I have been studying about perfSONAR and it seems to be an interesting package :-), only that l want to focus on two tools for now.

Thank for you time , hoping for a favorable response :-).

Hi Devine,

I'm not 100% what you are looking for but maybe start with these sources which are more general about the performance measurement software collection including bwctl:
https://www.perfsonar.net/
http://docs.perfsonar.net/