perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR "level 1" docker container

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] perfSONAR "level 1" docker container

  • From: Brian Tierney <>
  • To: "" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR "level 1" docker container
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 13:42:11 -0800

Hi All:

Some of you may find this useful.

I built a docker container that includes the package "perfSONAR_PS-Bundles-Level1" (see https://code.google.com/p/perfsonar-ps/wiki/Level1and2Install)  which includes bwctl, owamp, and the Lookup Service Registration tools.

The main use case for this container is to let you run a perfSONAR level 1 on
a alternate Linux distribution other than RHEL/CentOS, such as Debian, Ubuntu, or SUSE, without needing to build everything from source.

The dockerfile and instructions are here:
https://github.com/esnet/docker/tree/master/PSlight

Try it out and let me know how it works for you.

PS: If you are new to docker, I recommend this article as a starting point:
https://serversforhackers.com/articles/2014/03/20/getting-started-with-docker/

--
Brian Tierney, http://www.es.net/tierney
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet), Berkeley National Lab

  • [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR "level 1" docker container, Brian Tierney, 12/18/2014