perfsonar-user - RE: [perfsonar-user] ’Throughput/Latency Graph s’ page is stuck at ‘Loading’

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

RE: [perfsonar-user] ’Throughput/Latency Graph s’ page is stuck at ‘Loading’

  • From: Peter Jacobs <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [perfsonar-user] ’Throughput/Latency Graph s’ page is stuck at ‘Loading’
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 21:01:25 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

I have a similar experience, except that my page goes from loading to this error

Error retrieving test data: Gateway Time-out after about one minute.  I upgraded to 3.4.1 and the error went away for a few days, but now it is back.

The change I made that created the timeout was to add a sixth scheduled test.  That test is to a node that seems to be on a slow segments with packet loss (based on reports when it has decided to work).  I assumed that when one selected Throughput/Latency graphs that the node simply reads its own database, but I have to wonder if the node is also gathering data from the remote nodes in the configured tests.  If the latter is true then I would ask that the screen populate what it can - when it can - as it is received.  Right now it is all or nothing with that display page even though I know the data is some there.

Likely a discussion for January.

Peter