perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] pS-3.4 primary address config

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] pS-3.4 primary address config

  • From: Chad Kotil <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] pS-3.4 primary address config
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 12:55:37 -0500

Hello Perfsonar-Users,
After updating to 3.4 on a multi homed test point I am now unable to
tell the toolkit UI which interface to use as the primary address. It
just seems to choose the default interface. In the past there was a
file, external_addresses, that could be use to tune things closer to how
I want them. I have read this file is no longer used:
http://www.perfsonar.net/about/faq/#Q70

I've already set allow_internal_addresses in
/opt/perfsonar_ps/toolkit/web/root/gui/services/etc/web_admin.conf

and have tried setting things like:
external_address=
default_accesspoint=
default_ipv4_address=
default_ipv6_address=
default_accesspoint_iface=
default_ipv4_address_iface=
default_ipv6_address_iface=
default_iface_speed=10000000000
default_iface_mtu=9000

I've also tried to override settings in ls_registration_daemon.conf.

But nothing has worked so far.

How can I tell the toolkit to use another interface in 3.4?

Thanks,
--Chad