perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] 3.4 Automation

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] 3.4 Automation

  • From: Pol Llovet <>
  • To: Jeremy Palmer <>
  • Cc: perfsonar-user <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] 3.4 Automation
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2014 11:54:05 -0700

I also would recommend using Ansible, it is agent-less and works very well for bulk configuration and configuration documentation.

Pol M. Llovet
Research Computing CI / Middleware
XSEDE Campus Champion
Montana State University
w: 406-994-3416
c: 406-646-6747

On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 11:17 AM, Jeremy Palmer <> wrote:
For basic Linux management tasks, ClusterSSH works well for managing a bunch of identical hosts. Not really an "Automation" tool, but makes life much easier when trying to manage a large number of perfsonar boxes.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/clusterssh/
http://www.linux.com/learn/tutorials/413853:managing-multiple-linux-servers-with-clusterssh

It's a super easy way to send commands to all hosts at the same time vi ssh if you don't mind running an Xwin server on your desktop. I personally use Cygwin-X under Windows 7 and it works well. ClusterSSH can be installed in RHEL/CentOS with a simple "yum install clusterssh" (only needs to be installed on your ssh "jump host", not all perfsonar hosts)

Jeremy Palmer
Senior Network Engineer
ViaWest, Inc.
Office: 720.891.1045