perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Solarflare 10GbE?

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Solarflare 10GbE?

  • From: Garhan Attebury <>
  • To: perfsonar-user <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Solarflare 10GbE?
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 20:04:23 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

We have upwards of 56 of the single port version of that card in production
at HCC right now (SFN5152F). One of our perfsonar instances
(hcc-ps02.unl.edu) uses one of these cards just to tie it in with perfsonar.

Cost seems to be amongst the lowest, and their linux utilities (for RHEL at
least) have been just fine for updating the firmwares and toggling PXE on
(off by default).

Zero complaints and zero problems so far, other than they ship with full
height brackets by default and I just got done having to swap to the included
half-height as we added them to 48x Dell R720xd servers … my fingers did
survive though :)

Garhan Attebury
Holland Computing Center
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
402-472-7761

On Sep 19, 2014, at 2:54 PM, Kathy Benninger