perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Testing internet2 traceroute?

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Testing internet2 traceroute?

  • From: Pol Llovet <>
  • To: John Hicks <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Testing internet2 traceroute?
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 16:30:59 -0600

Nope!  We haven't seen any additional movement on this.  The last bit of information was the testing to the OSU endpoint. To recap: throughput to OSU is symmetrically bad, but not as bad as the asymmetric throughput to WVSU.  Throughputh to wash.net.internet2.edu looks good as the last "known good" hop on the trace.

Not sure where to go next, actually.  This is just itch-scratching since I don't need to ship data to WVSU, and our network looks ok (this appears to be an OAR/WVSU problem).  I'd be curious to find out what's wrong (and so, presumably, would WVSU), but it's not critical.

thanks for checking up,

pol

Pol M. Llovet
Research Computing CI / Middleware