perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR Toolkit 3.4rc2 available for testing

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR Toolkit 3.4rc2 available for testing

  • From: Aaron Brown <>
  • To: Amit Khare <>
  • Cc: "" <>, Andrew Lake <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR Toolkit 3.4rc2 available for testing
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 18:28:35 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hey Amit,

It doesn’t look like the xml and conf files were attached.

Cheers,
Aaron

On Aug 6, 2014, at 4:47 PM, Amit Khare <> wrote:

Hi Aaron,

Sorry for the delayed reply, please find the attached .xml and .conf files as per your email. This host is configured to use mesh url http://otwa3pfs1.canarie.ca/mesh.json.Thanks,

Amit

Amit Khare | Network Engineer | CANARIE Inc | 45 O'Connor St., Suite 500, Ottawa, ON K1P 1A4 |  Office: 613-943-5377│Cell: 613-404-8696CANARIE NOC: 613-944-5612│www.canarie.ca

From: Aaron Brown <>
Date: Friday, August 1, 2014 at 11:59 AM
To: Amit Khare <>
Cc: "" <>, Andrew Lake <>

Hey Amit,

Actually, it looks like the ‘description’ field had a newline in it, and that was causing the problem. However, I think it got the newline because the regular testing config file parser wasn’t parsing “#” correctly when it was escaped like in "Traceroute Test Between All OSG Latency Hosts\#vo_all/traceroute”. It had the description as "Traceroute Test Between All OSG Latency Hosts\” which Config::General output as that multiline thing. I’ve got a fix for that specific issue, though given that that test seems to have been added by the mesh config, I’m not sure why it was upgraded. Those files I listed below would be helpful for discovering the latter problem :)

Cheers,
Aaron