perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR 3.4rc2 Mesh Errors

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR 3.4rc2 Mesh Errors

  • From: Andrew Lake <>
  • To: Lixin Liu <>
  • Cc: "'Shawn McKee'" <>, "'perfsonar-user'" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR 3.4rc2 Mesh Errors
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 09:52:51 -0400

Hi Lixin,

The host block you sent looks fine. Is there a second block anywhere? or have
you run build_json recently? Looking at
https://ps-dashboard.computecanada.ca/mesh-config/sites-CANARIE.json I see
two separate hosts named sask1pfs2.canarie.ca. I am wondering if that file is
out-of-sync with your .conf file, build_json just needs to be run and the
output uploaded.

Also, as a separate issue, you will need to update all the read_urls for your
3.4 host in the central meshconfig file. This is not causing the error you
reported, but will result in orange in the dashboard if not changed. It
looks like ndt-sfu.westgrid.ca is the updated host so you will need to make
the read_url for each of its measurement_archive blocks
http://ndt-sfu.westgrid.ca/esmond/perfsonar/archive/.

> <host>
> description CANARIE Saskatoon
> address sask1pfs2.canarie.ca
>
> <measurement_archive>
> type traceroute
> read_url
> http://sask1pfs2.canarie.ca:8086/perfSONAR_PS/services/tracerouteMA
> write_url
> http://sask1pfs2.canarie.ca:8086/perfSONAR_PS/services/tracerouteCollector
> </measurement_archive>
>
> <measurement_archive>
> type perfsonarbuoy/bwctl
> read_url http://sask1pfs2.canarie.ca:8085/perfSONAR_PS/services/pSB
> write_url sask1pfs2.canarie.ca:8570
> </measurement_archive>
>
> <measurement_archive>
> type perfsonarbuoy/owamp
> read_url http://sask1pfs2.canarie.ca:8085/perfSONAR_PS/services/pSB
> write_url sask1pfs2.canarie.ca:8569
> </measurement_archive>
>
> <measurement_archive>
> type pinger
> read_url
> http://sask1pfs2.canarie.ca:8075/perfSONAR_PS/services/pinger/ma
> # No 'write_url' for PingER measurement archives
> </measurement_archive>
> </host>
On Aug 1, 2014, at 4:54 PM, Lixin Liu