perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] ssh-telnet installation measurement issue

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] ssh-telnet installation measurement issue

  • From: "3@D4rkn3ss DuMb" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] ssh-telnet installation measurement issue
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 18:48:42 +0300

Dear list,

I hope my mail finds you well. this is my first request / mail on this list so please forgive me if my below questions were already answered long ago.
I am using the live CD (3.1 on Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.32-431.17.1.el6.aufs.web100.i686 #1 SMP Fri May 9 14:49:40 PDT 2014 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux )  and everything goes well. I tried to integrate the SSH-TELNET measurement program but I failed to do so. Below the steps I followed:
  * install all required software (like Java, tomcat and so on ..)
  * get the war file and deploy it from the tomcat management tool
  * configure it using its home configuration page

but when it comes to specify the sshtelnet.xml file and all other related configuration files, the ones i specify on the web gui is not saved after  I hit "apply" and of course the service cannot start. I also tried to adapt my configs by loading the war file into /opt/perfsonar_ps/serviceTest but same results. So my questions are:
  * is the SSH-TELNET measurement program supposed to fit in the live CD or should i install using a standalone *nix system
  * why is not included in perfsonar live cd to avoid/bypass these issues and to make the CD more portable ?

Thank you, and please forgive my stupid questions .... as stupid is as stupid does !

Thank you