perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] $120 perfsonar nodes

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] $120 perfsonar nodes

  • From: Cort Buffington <>
  • To:
  • Cc: Casey Russell <>, "<>" <>, TLPW PerfSONAR Club <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] $120 perfsonar nodes
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2014 14:05:40 -0500

Folks,

I’m trying hard to let Casey be the “interface” for KanREN’s efforts here —
but on this topic, it’s probably easiest if I throw in directly.

I have a BeagleBone Black that I’ve been hoping to use. I’ve been slowly
working on a cross-compilation environment to try and build a kernel with the
right patches. Do the tests we’re talking about doing with these boxes need
that? If not, I’ll skip over that part and star installing the software you
have worked on.

We’d targeted the Cubox due to more “power”, but the BeagleBone black is less
expensive, more readily available, and has a “real” Ethernet interface rather
than the USB-Ethernet of the Raspberry Pi… and I have a BBB, so it seemed
like a good place to work in advance of Casey getting our Cubox-i4-Pros.

On May 1, 2014, at 12:39 PM, Brian Tierney

--
Cortney T. Buffington
Executive Director

Office: (785) 856-9800