perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Access to raw bwctl and powstream results?

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Access to raw bwctl and powstream results?

  • From: Sowmya Balasubramanian <>
  • To: Roderick Mooi <>
  • Cc: perf-node-users <>, "" <>, perfsonar-user <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Access to raw bwctl and powstream results?
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 09:22:10 -0800

Hi Roderick,

The bwcollector and the powcollector scripts usually read the data and delete it once they calculate the summary.

Regards,
Sowmya

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 10:24 PM, Roderick Mooi <> wrote:
Hi Sowmya,

Thanks! I need to see some of the raw data specifically the time a test started and ended as well as any failed tests - this isn't all available in the DB as far as I understand it. What is the name of the script that deletes the files? - if necessary I'll comment out the code that does that so I still have the files. Any help / direction in this regard will be appreciated. PS this is for a lab setup - I'm not concerned about the disk space and will monitor it manually....

Thanks again,

Roderick

>>> On 2014-01-28 at 20:13, Sowmya Balasubramanian <> wrote:
> Hi Roderick,
>
> The short answer to this question is: it is not possible to access raw
> owamp and bwctl results.
>
> The long answer is:
> The way it works right now is once the test is finished, the raw results
> are stored in /var/lib/perfsonar/perfsonarbuoy_ma/bwctl and
> /var/lib/perfsonar/perfsonarbuoy_ma/owamp. Then, another script reads these
> files and calculates the summary (in the case of owamp it is 1 minute and
> for bwctl it is 3-4 hours) and this summary is written to the database.
> Once the summary is written, these files get deleted.The reason for
> deleting these files is it could potentially eat up lot of disk space(this
> is true especially for owamp).
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> Sowmya
>

> On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 8:04 AM, Roderick Mooi <> wrote:
>
>> Good day
>>
>> Where can I find the raw bwctl and owamp results? Usually they are stored
>> in /var/lib/perfsonar/perfsonarbuoy_ma/bwctl and /owamp but it looks like
>> they get removed when populating the db for the graphs...
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> - Roderick
>>

>> --
>> This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions,
>> e-mail legal notice, and implemented Open Document Format (ODF) standard.
>> The full disclaimer details can be found at
>> http://www.csir.co.za/disclaimer.html.
>>
>> This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by
>> MailScanner,
>> and is believed to be clean.

> --
> This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions, e-mail
> legal notice, and implemented Open Document Format (ODF) standard.
> The full disclaimer details can be found at
> http://www.csir.co.za/disclaimer.html.

> MailScanner,
> and is believed to be clean.

and is believed to be clean.