perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Access to raw bwctl and powstream results?

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Access to raw bwctl and powstream results?

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To: Roderick Mooi <>
  • Cc: perf-node-users <>, "" <>, perfsonar-user <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Access to raw bwctl and powstream results?
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 12:33:17 -0600

Hey Roderick/All;

The BWCTL and OWAMP data on a toolkit is kept in a local MySQL database. The
perfsonarbouy collector process will stick the data here, and then delete the
temp files that you found in the /var/lib location. You can access via the
MySQL command line (or through APIs):

> [root@localhost
> ~]# mysql -u root
>
> mysql> show databases;
> +--------------------+
> | Database |
> +--------------------+
> | information_schema |
> | bwctl |
> | cacti |
> | mysql |
> | owamp |
> | pingerMA |
> | test |
> | traceroute_ma |
> +--------------------+
> 8 rows in set (0.00 sec)

The schema itself has some documentation located in
'/opt/perfsonar_ps/perfsonarbuoy_ma/doc' if you need any information on the
fields. The alternative method to access is via the web service interface by
using a client application to send XML requests, or the API that is available
to create new clients. There is a write up here of that method:

http://psps.perfsonar.net/client-doc.html

Thanks;

-jason

On Jan 28, 2014, at 10:04 AM, Roderick Mooi