perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] regarding change between DHCP and Static IP address

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] regarding change between DHCP and Static IP address

  • From: <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] regarding change between DHCP and Static IP address
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 13:00:21 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

when I setup perfsonar I choose DHCP to get IP. after 2 days suddenly I can't
reach the machine remotely and also can't browse the perfsonar page on that
machine. Later I have checked using "ifconfig" , but it does not show any IP
(IPv4)address for the interface I was using. But still in login window it
shows the
"root@dhcp-last
four digits of the IP" i was using last two days.
Then I assigned static IP address to the machine. But still no change except
showing IP after ifconfig command. Still I can't reach to the machine.

In login window It should show "current IP login:" but still shows old
address.

So, please help me to solve this problem.

Regards

Amjad