perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] [perf-node-users] Hosts test processes not starting

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] [perf-node-users] Hosts test processes not starting

  • From: "Christopher J. Walker" <>
  • To: Aaron Brown <>
  • Cc: "<>" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] [perf-node-users] Hosts test processes not starting
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 23:22:50 +0100

On 16/09/13 23:10, Aaron Brown wrote:
Hey Christopher,

I've looked through the code and I can't fathom a scenario that would
produce a result like that, barring that variable not being there in the
first place which means my ability to fathom isn't great enough :) If
you grab
http://anonsvn.internet2.edu/svn/perfSONAR-PS/trunk/perfSONAR_PS-perfSONARBUOY/etc/owmesh.conf
and
put it in /opt/perfsonar_ps/perfsonarbuoy_ma/etc and re-run it, does it
happen again?

OK - that seems to have solved the problem.

When I first ran the mesh configure script

sudo -u perfsonar
/opt/perfsonar_ps/mesh_config/bin/generate_configuration

I had made a typo in one of the config files - and it never finished - so I ended up using Ctrl-C. If it is editing the file in place - as it seems to be, then could that be the source of the problem?

Chris

Cheers,
Aaron

On Sep 16, 2013, at 9:38 AM, Christopher J. Walker
<

<mailto:>>