perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Upgrading from 3.2 to 3.3 issue with asking for URL for install

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Upgrading from 3.2 to 3.3 issue with asking for URL for install

  • From: Terrence Martin <>
  • To: perfsonar-user <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Upgrading from 3.2 to 3.3 issue with asking for URL for install
  • Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 13:54:08 -0700

Hi,

I am trying to use the Perfsonar 3.3 netinstall. Everything goes fine and it detects the network interfaces. However I need to use a manual IP address for the 10Gbps interface in the system that I am using. The interface is configured and is pingable inside the installer.

Unfortunately the system has dumped me to a screen prompt that is asking for the URL of the installation as per a stock Centos Net install. The documentation is only for 3.2 that I could find on the wiki, but that documentation indicates the install should know what to do next automatically. Unfortunately the documentation and a bit of poking around where I downloaded the ISO files does not indicate where I can actually grab the RPMS and therefore what URL to put in that entry. Assuming that would allow me to proceed correctly.

Any suggestions on how I should proceed?

--

Terrence Martin
System Manager

Cell: 619 957 5550