perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Traceroute mappings.

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Traceroute mappings.

  • From: Brian Tierney <>
  • To: Michael Tiernan <>, Andrew Lake <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Traceroute mappings.
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 08:12:34 -0700

On Nov 8, 2012, at 12:00 PM, Michael Tiernan

> Two questions...
>
> Are the outputs from the traceroute data tables documented anywhere?
> I'm looking to make sure I have all the defintions right in my script.

Andy should be able to answer this one....

> Secondly, has anyone done anything to graphically plot the data?
> I took a whack at playing with the data to create a dot graph:
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27834209/traceroute_example.jpg
> (Data is *not* complete, just a rough sampling of some of the info.)
>
> I just wanted to see if anyone else has done this sort of thiing.

Very interesting graph!

Here is another way to visualize perfSONAR traceroute data:

> https://ps-devel.lab.net.wisc.edu/toolkit/gui/services/psTracerouteViewer/

We agree that some sort of traceroute viewing is needed, and are hoping to
add something like this to a future version of the PS toolkit.