perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] reverse DNS

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] reverse DNS

  • From: Warren Matthews <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] reverse DNS
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 15:15:54 -0400

Hi

I have several perfsonar servers (all installed using netinstall 3.2.2) at
locations where I do not control the DNS. In some of those locations, the
administrators have not created a reverse DNS entry. So when I visit, for
example, the one-way latency graphs, I just see the site by IP address. I
don't want to remember each site by IP address, so I added the name and
addresses in each servers /etc/hosts file. However, the tools don't adopt the
hard coded names and still lists the sites by IP address. Am I missing
something, or are the tools designed only to use DNS?

Thanks.