perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Graph deletion not working?

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Graph deletion not working?

  • From: Erich Weiler <>
  • To: Andrew Lake <>
  • Cc: ,
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Graph deletion not working?
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 15:10:29 -0700

How long are you waiting for things to appear/disappear when you add/delete tests? A
throughput graph will be removed from the "Active" test set when there is no
data seen for 1 week. Also, it will not get added until bwctl successfully runs a test.
If you're doing 4 hour tests, it could be up to 4 hours after you add it. If its taking
longer than that, you should check the logs to see if the bwctl test is failing for
some other reason. The graphs do not show failed results (a long-standing feature
request which is in our issue tracker) so I'm guessing that's causing some of the
confusion. Also, I would not recommend mucking with the database unless you really
know what you are doing as you're likely to cause more issues. Hope that clarifies
some things.

Ah, that does clarify a couple things. I didn't wait 4 hours after adding it to see if it appeared then. I'm trying again now, and will wait 4 hours to see what happens. But the weird part, initially at least, was that when I deleted a host from my bandwidth test, the graph for that host remained in the graphing page. It didn't move it to the "Inactive" section, it left the graph in the "Active" section. Is that normal as well? Would I have to wait 4 hours for it to disappear as well?

If so, then I'm golden, I just got confused and thought it didn't work...

Thanks for the tips!