perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] jitter: good or bad ?? OWAMP

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] jitter: good or bad ?? OWAMP

  • From: jim warner <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] jitter: good or bad ?? OWAMP
  • Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 17:27:35 -0700

http://people.ucsc.edu/~warner/clock-jitter.PNG

Is this "Hey, great! You've only got 200 uSec of jitter. Good news"

--or--

"Wow, you've got 200 uSec of jitter! You should go fix something"

I don't have any feel for whether this is as good as NTP gets, or this
is really terrible and I should get a new CDMA clock or something.
How much of this kind of jitter are others seeing?

Advice?

thanks