perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Recommendations of perfsonar server platform

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Recommendations of perfsonar server platform

  • From: Nina Jeliazkova <>
  • To: Yannis Mitsos <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Recommendations of perfsonar server platform
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 11:02:40 +0200

On 14 December 2010 10:34, Yannis Mitsos <> wrote:
Dear All,

Speaking about hardware requirements, I was wondering if one has considered "porting" perfsonar-ps to a compact embedded platform. Instead of having big servers scattered around the network, a small and cheap device might be connected directly to an ethernet port of a CPE switch providing a good view of the network performance.

Can't help replying ... a wonderful idea, although I wonder if the current XML protocol will fit well in an embedded platform.

Best regards,
Nina Jeliazkova

Regards,

Yannis