perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Recommendations of perfsonar server platform

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Recommendations of perfsonar server platform

  • From: "Buraglio, Nicholas D" <>
  • To: Thomas Tam <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Recommendations of perfsonar server platform
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 16:26:20 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

No problem. Here is the brief synopsis of what I ordered:

PowerEdge R210 Chassis
Intel Xeon X3430, 2.4 GHz, 8M Cache
4GB Memory
500Gig Disk
DVD-ROM
3Yr Basic Hardware Warranty Repair: 5x10 HW-Only, 5x10 NBD Onsite

Total cost was a bit under $1100 per box and it should meet or exceed the
requirements. I'm also going to test this config with an Intel 10G card that
I already have just to see how well it performs.
For what it's worth, I purposely priced these out for cost savings over
redundancy so that I could get more of them and instrument our networks in
more locations. The small footprint was nice as well since rack space is
always a premium commodity.

nb

---
Nick Buraglio