perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] TeraGrid and OSG MPs

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] TeraGrid and OSG MPs

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To: Chris Heermann <>
  • Cc: , perfsonar-ps-users <>, Performance Node Users <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] TeraGrid and OSG MPs
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 17:30:56 -0400

Hi Chris/All;

Just speaking from the perspective of past interactions and what I can see in the information services currently I would say 'it depends'.

- OSG: You will find measurement tools at some of sites that have deployed OSG tools (e.g. USATLAS, USCMS, and just DOE labs), but I doubt they would be registering under a blanket 'OSG' community string. OSG sites that use VDT have access to the measurement clients (BWCTL, OWAMP, NDT), but not daemons currently.

- TeraGrid: Every now and then we see instances pop up from the major SC centers, but its unclear 'where' in the facility these would be. Best would be to ask on a TG themed list if they are exposing perfSONAR data.

Hope this helps, and hopefully someone on the list(s) can correct me where I am blatantly wrong;

-jason