perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] The way to implement perfSONAR_PS toolkit into Hard-Disk

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] The way to implement perfSONAR_PS toolkit into Hard-Disk

  • From: Daniel Paiva <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] The way to implement perfSONAR_PS toolkit into Hard-Disk
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 10:27:52 -0300

http://www.internet2.edu/performance/pS-PS/index.html

in this page you will get links to pages with directions on how to install the services packages individually!

2010/7/12 <>
Hi.

I've got a mission that deploying the perfSONAR_PS toolkit system into many
places.

It's OK when the PC is managed well on each node. But, my boss wants to use
these PC to another purpose. It's the problem. PS toolkit needs dedicated PC.
When the perfSONAR_PS toolkit is installed on a PC, you know, the PC can't be
used another way. It supposed to being focused on it's job(LS things, BWCTL
managing, etc..) only.

So, I want to implement the Toolkit image into hard disk drive. Is it
possible?

According my memory, Toolkit system resets the userspace when the PC is
rebooting. It's the problem that the user that have no root access can't use
the resources of PC. because it'll be removed soon.

But I can't install perfSONAR_PS into regular Linux box. It makes me crazy.

Please let me know how to do implement toolkit into hard disk. It'll be very
thankful.

Best Regards,
Tae-Yang Choi.