perfsonar-user - Prerequisites for SSHTELNET_configurator.jar

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Prerequisites for SSHTELNET_configurator.jar

  • From: Rodrigo Dlugokenski <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Prerequisites for SSHTELNET_configurator.jar
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 17:27:05 -0300

Hi all!

I'm trying to deploy the telnet/ssh mp, and the service is running fine in tomcat.

But my problem is with the SSHTELNET_configurator.jar. When I try to run it quits with message below:

arch-mp1 Configuration_Tool # java -jar SSHTELNET_configurator.jar sshtelnet.xml
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdom/IllegalAddException
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jdom.IllegalAddException
Could not find the main class: ServicePropertiesConfigurator. Program will exit.

Trying to "fix" I installed JDOM and Jakarta-Commons libs, but no luck.

Is some another prerequisite that I don't have in my java enviroment?

My system:
ArchLinux
Java JDK +JRE 1.6u20
eXist db 1.2.6
Tomcat 5.5

I have the very same system for other services I already deployed, like RRD, SQL, etc, and they're working as expected.
I tried the path with Ubuntu 8 and CentOS 5, but i've found much more difficult to deploy than with archlinux, I bet that in Ubuntu/CentOS the prerequisites are installed all automatically, even the indirect ones, right?

Thanks for your attention,
Rodrigo

Rodrigo Dlugokenski
Research Assistant/Network Engineering and Computer Science Undergrad Student
Informatics Institute of Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul - Brazil
Academic e-mail:
Professional e-mail:

  • Prerequisites for SSHTELNET_configurator.jar, Rodrigo Dlugokenski, 05/31/2010