perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Another Perfsonar lookup service question

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Another Perfsonar lookup service question

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To: Weiping Mandrawa <>
  • Cc: , Prasad Calyam <>,
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Another Perfsonar lookup service question
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 10:59:13 -0400

Hi Weiping;

perfSONAR-PS is developed, tested, and supported for UNIX environments only, we are unable to support other operating systems like Windows.

If you are looking to optimize, I suppose the areas you would want to examine would be how Active Perl handles the XML parsing libraries (e.g. XML::LibXML) as well as how well DBXML works under Windows.

Good luck with your testing, your results would be very valuable to this community. Thanks;

-jason

Hello

we downloaded examples code from
http://psps.perfsonar.net/ps-client-examples-v1.1.tar.gz

and we run ls-ex3-bwctl.pl

we noticed that response time by running ls-ex3-bwctl in windows environment
is a lot slower compare to unix environment

Our windows environment as follow
- Active Perl
- Windows XP with service Pack 2

our unix environment as follow
debian 2.6.26-2-686 #1 SMP Wed Nov 4 20:45:37 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux
perl version 5.10.0

I just wonder if is there any way we can optimize response time in windows
environment

Regards

Weiping Mandrawa