perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] ubuntu install

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] ubuntu install

  • From: Piotr Pikusa <>
  • To: Aaron Brown <>
  • Cc: ,
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] ubuntu install
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 11:39:25 +0200

Aaron Brown wrote:

On Apr 12, 2010, at 5:08 PM, <mailto:> wrote:

Anyone have pointers on how to go about installing perfSONAR under Ubuntu?

Which perfSONAR services were you looking to install? We don't have .debs for the perfSONAR-PS tools, though most of them can be installed from source if you download the tarballs from http://software.internet2.edu/ . For bwctl, we had an issue between it and the version of iperf packaged with debian. We do have a patch available to fix the issue though.

Cheers,
Aaron

If you want to install geant3 perfSONAR services, most of them are in deb packages, so you can install them under Ubuntu. However we are supporting now only Debian and RedHat distros, but we haven't any problems with services installed under Ubuntu distro. Please visit https://wiki.man.poznan.pl/perfsonar-mdm/index.php/PerfSONAR_Downloads website for details.

Regards
Piotr Pikusa
PSNC