perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] npad client-diag ?

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] npad client-diag ?

  • From: jim warner <>
  • To:
  • Cc: , Performance Node Users <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] npad client-diag ?
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 12:49:51 -0800

That helps. Thanks. Now when it runs the test it ends by saying:

Accumulate loss statistics, no more than 20 seconds:
Test 4a (10 seconds): Accumulate loss statistics
Test 4b (10 seconds): ...
report url ServerData/newnoc.ucsc.edu:2010-01-19-20:08:24.html
It is not obvious what the user should do with that to get to the results.
That is not a question. But unless the answer is supposed to be something
like "Log into the server computer and run 'find' with this parameter as a file
name...", the documentation needs some embellishment.

Again, thanks.

Jason Zurawski wrote:
Hi Jim;

The NPAD server's HTTP port listens on 8200, the connect port for actual NPAD tests is 8100:

[knoppix@Knoppix
~]$ diag-client 128.193.128.237 8100
Using: rtt 10 ms and rate 20
Connected.
Control connection established.
port = 8003
Starting test.
Parameters based on 108 ms initial RTT
peakwin=27400 minpackets=3 maxpackets=83 stepsize=8
Target run length is 608 packets (or a loss rate of 0.16447368%)
Test 1a (11 seconds): Coarse Scan
Test 1b (11 seconds): ...

Thanks;

-jason

There is a copy of the command line client (diag-client) for npad on
the knoppix disk image. When I run it, it tells me:

[warner@Knoppix usr]$ diag-client 128.193.128.237 8200 Using: rtt 10 ms and rate 20
Connected.
Protocol error: bad handshake.
Please make sure you have the latest client, and you have the correct port number.

That port number works with a browser connection. I'd look for the client version,
but it doesn't seem to have one -- and in any case, I don't know what the current
version should be.

Thanks.