perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Performance Problem : perfsonar-java-rrd-ma 3.2

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Performance Problem : perfsonar-java-rrd-ma 3.2

  • From: Piotr Pikusa <>
  • To: "P.Heiligers" <>
  • Cc: , DFN-NOC <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Performance Problem : perfsonar-java-rrd-ma 3.2
  • Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 10:51:50 +0100

Hi Peter!

It's bad to hear about such a long timeouts. Could you send me more information about your query path? Which tab and tool of psUI did you use to generate this query? What period of time did you mark? Did query concern all the interfaces? Could you also please send me more info about size of your base? If it would be more comfortable for you, you are pleased to send me any sensitive information to my e-mail and pass over perfsonar-user group.

Cheers
Piotr Pikusa

P.Heiligers wrote:
Dear all,

my name is Peter from DFN-NOC Stuttgart, we have a perfsonar RRDMA 3.2 installation running on a Intel Xeon
machine with debian linux.

Installed is:

ii perfsonar-java-rrd-ma 3.2 perfSONAR Round Robin Database

We are experiencing timeouts and long delays from PerfsonarUI and other tools used by colleagues , accessing the RRDMA.
Our RRDMA contains 740 interfaces right now. The Log data shown are in response to a PerfsonarUI metrics query. As you see, requests are serviced after more than 6 minutes. Almost any application is timed out than.
What is happening here, any idea ? A problem with the exist database ? As one finds this in the log:

2009-11-03 18:52:58,640 %GEANT2-JAVA-RRD-MA.ERROR% MetadataConfigurationStorageManager.executeQuery: Connection to xml database failed: org.perfsonar.base.exceptions.PerfSONARException: [error.common.storage.xmldb.query]: Can't perform XQuery: java.lang.NullPointerException

Are there simply too many interfaces in the system ?

With best regards, Peter Heiligers

DFN VEREIN Network Operation Center
eMail:

http://www.dfn.de/
Phone: +49(0)711-63314-112 Fax: +49(0)711-63314-133

Fehlermanagement 24x7 Trouble Ticket System (TTS)
Phone: +49(0)1805-008447 https://tts-xwin.dfn.de