perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] install & deploy help

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] install & deploy help

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To: Manuel SUBREDU <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] install & deploy help
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 06:43:19 -0400

Manuel SUBREDU wrote:
Jason Zurawski wrote:
Manuel;

The design of the gLS is such that you do not need to use a specific
instance - all gLS servers contain the same information.

ok. but how can we be visible ? The root.hints file contains all the
neccesary information for perfsonar to register to a "high level gLS" ?

It is all automatic, the hLS will find a 'close' gLS (or two) via the hints list and register itself. It may take several hours to become visible to the GUIs however.

Not sure which web interface you are refering to here, could you elaborate?

http://localhost:8080/geant2-java-xml-ls/ for example.

I will let the service maintainer answer this question.

Thanks;

-jason