perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] install & deploy help

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] install & deploy help

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To: Manuel SUBREDU <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] install & deploy help
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 17:27:09 -0400

Manuel;

Hi,

my name is Manuel SUBREDU and I'm working as a sysadmin at AARNIEC
(Romanian NREN, former RoEduNet). I'm new on this mailing list and I
never used perfSONAR before, so please excuse any of my possible mistakes.
We want to install perfSONAR on our network and we also want to be part
of the european effort of perfSONAR deployment. We tried to deploy the
stable version of perfsonar into a openSuSE 11.1 server, with tomcat5.5
and java6. We ran into some troubles and at this moment I'm totally lost
:-S . I have some questions to which I didn't find any answers so I'm
hoping that someone from this mailing list can help me. So ... here they
are:
1. which is the gLS for GEANT perfSONAR deployments ?

The design of the gLS is such that you do not need to use a specific instance - all gLS servers contain the same information.

2. is the web interface production ready ? Or is only for testing ?

Not sure which web interface you are refering to here, could you elaborate?

3. how can I find out if any of the services I configured are registered
into hLS ?

I would assume eXist has a way to dump the contents of the internal database. The other way is to locate your hLS (if it interacts with the gLS properly and registers) and use one of the web scripts we have developed to see the internal contents.

http://www.perfsonar.net/activeServices/IS

Thanks;

-jason