perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Searching for iperf 2.0.2.

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Searching for iperf 2.0.2.

  • From: Verena Venus <>
  • To: "Niederberger, Ralph" <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Searching for iperf 2.0.2.
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 11:06:11 +0200

Hi Ralph,

it seems that the iperf project isn't maintained that well, so it is a bit
difficult to find things.

However, you can download the sources for 2.0.2 there. Click on "downloads"
and then click on iperf to get several versions of source tarballs. There's
the 2.0.2 tarball available

RPMforge does not have an iperf-2.0.2 package, but most of the other
dependencies needed, that's why it is mentioned there. You are not forced to
use this repository, it is just a recommendation to ease the installation
process. RPM packages can be obtained from other sources as well. You can
e.g.
use RPM Search (http://rpm.pbone.net/) to find packages from different
download sources and install them by hand. RPM Search lists quite some
iperf-2.0.2 packages, so maybe there is one for your system, too.

Hope this helps,
Verena

--
Verena Venus, DFN-Labor
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg

www.win-labor.dfn.de