perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] The problem of the web start for perfSONAR-UI

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] The problem of the web start for perfSONAR-UI

  • From: Nina Jeliazkova <>
  • To: Jen-Wei Hu <>
  • Cc: ,
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] The problem of the web start for perfSONAR-UI
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 12:14:27 +0300

Dear Jen-Wei Hu ,

The jars in a single jnlp file needs to be signed by the same certificate.  The perfsonarUI jars are signed with my Thawte certificate.  The options for another JWS distribution are:

1) resign all jars with your certificate ( bouncy castle jar is an exception, it should stay signed with its certification).
2) configure jnlp to use different certificates

To add jars with a different certificate, you would need to create another jnlp file and configure it as an extension in the main jnlp file.  This approach is used to integrate Bouncy castle jars (bc.jnlp).

    <extension name="BouncyCastle" href="bc.jnlp"/>

You could have a look at https://svn.perfsonar.net/svn/perfsonar/branches/perfsonarui/jnlp , these are the configuration files used for the JWS at http://perfsonar.acad.bg

Hope this helps,
Nina

Jen-Wei Hu wrote:
Dear Nina,

Could you kindly give us the steps that we could use the web start to integrate our plugin on the perfSONAR-UI ?
Thanks a lot

BD,

hujw