perfsonar-user - Re: BWCTL MP Installation

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: BWCTL MP Installation

  • From: José Patiño <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: BWCTL MP Installation
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 12:33:08 -0400

Sorry,

Correction:

http://localhost:8080/bwctl/WebAdmin/index.html (Tomcat path).

Thanks.

José Patiño escribió:
Hi,

My name is Jose Patino and I am currently working in a project to install PerfSonar on CLARA Network. I am installing last release of PerfSonar (perfSONAR MDM 3.0) using Administrator's Guide provided by GEANT2. The process had been a relative success, because instalation of prerequisites and some modules was successful (like LS, AS, RRD MA) but I am having a lot of issues to install BWCTL MP service. The main issue here is I am unable to get WebAdmin page of BWCTL accesible through Tomcat instalation.

Using instructions provided by that guide, to verify if installation was right I should access WebAdmin pages on the following path:

http://localhost:8080/bwctl/WebAdmin.html (Tomcat path).

But is happening that after instalation of debian packages (yes..I am trying to install PS in a server with Ubuntu 7.10) and stopping and starting Apache, WebAdmin pages only are accesed on the following path:

http://localhost/html/WebAdmin/index.html (Apache path)

Functionalities on WebAdmin page are limited to specify path of bwctl command and to add this services to a LS. if I select option "yes", a cgi script is executed and a web page named "finish.pl" appears with a message with information of BWCTL MP Service and data about contact and organization. This information is not possible to be modified on Web. The only way is editing "Wizard" file on same path of index.html.

"perfsonar.conf" file was modified with this information.

If I am not wrong, I should have the same menu and options I have when aceess to WebAdmin page of ther PS services, like AS, with Basic and Advanced Configurations options. With these options, I could modify missing information on WeAdmin page of BWCTL MP service.

I've reviewed all documentation and I haven't found any tip or advice about how enable WebAdmin properly. I am presumming that I need to work on Apache -- Tomcat integration but I am not sure if this is the way to achieve this goal.

I need some advice from people who had installed BWCTL MP service in order to check if is there are any other steps to perform before or after installation to achieve this goal.

Thanks in advance for all your help and support.

José Patiño B.
Network Engineer
REUNA