perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] BWCTL problem

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] BWCTL problem

  • From: Jochen Reinwand <>
  • To: Rodesch Christian <>
  • Cc: , "DFN-Labor" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] BWCTL problem
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 15:18:08 +0200

Hi Christian,

Looks like Verena just used the RPM spec file from Fedora on openSUSE. Of
course the wrong dependency is in this spec file...
I'm not sure if I can fix this soon.
Please just install the packages using "rpm -i --nodeps". They should work
nevertheless. Afterwards you can still deal with missing Perl modules, when
you try to start the daemon. This can also be quite tricky on an openSUSE
system. Most likely the start script won't work out of the box.
Or perhaps you should really try the CPAN tarballs! They should work in any
case. Then you can start the daemon (perfsonar.pl) by hand and everything
should work fine.

regards,
Jochen

--
Jochen Reinwand, DFN-Labor
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg

www.win-labor.dfn.de