perfsonar-user - perfSONAR-PS releases

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

perfSONAR-PS releases

  • From: "Jeff W. Boote" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: perfSONAR-PS releases
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 11:54:10 -0600

I would like to announce the availability of three new micro-releases:

1) perfSONAR-PS SNMP MA

This service is compatible with the Java RRD-MA. It is written in Perl. In
addition to the characteristic name-space values like 'utilization',
'discards',
'errors', other SNMP values can be exported using the SNMP tool name-space. It
can use RRD files or an SQL database as the back-end store for the SNMP data.
Specifics are at:

http://wiki.perfsonar.net/jra1-wiki/index.php/PerfSONAR_PS_Perl_SNMP_MA

2) perfSONAR-PS LS

This service is compatible with the Java LS. It is written in Perl. The LS
uses
the Berkeley sleepycat XMLDB for back-end storage.

3) perfSONAR-PS L2 Status MA

This release is actually comprised of two services that are expected to be
used
together. The 'Link' status service is used to monitor and archive the status
of
L2 links. There is also a 'Circuit' status service that is implemented as a
transformation service to provide an e2emon compatible service showing this
information along with topological data. The 'Circuit' status service can look
at static topology information, or can be configured to use a topology service
to combine the information from the 'Link' status service along with topology
make the 'Circuit' status information available.

http://wiki.perfsonar.net/jra1-wiki/index.php/Perl_Status_Service

Thanks,
jeff

P.S. We have added them to the downloads page on the wiki since that seems to
be
the place micro-releases are listed for now:

http://wiki.perfsonar.net/jra1-wiki/index.php/PerfSONAR_Downloads

  • perfSONAR-PS releases, Jeff W. Boote, 09/12/2007