perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Issue with TELNET/SSH MP

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Issue with TELNET/SSH MP

  • From: Stijn Melis <>
  • To:
  • Cc: Nicolas Simar <>,
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Issue with TELNET/SSH MP
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 15:00:36 +0200

Hi Nicolas:

Thanks for this information. I'll wait Stijn to confirm that this feature exist.
And check with him the behavoiour of the TELNET / SSH MP.
If so, would investigate how to disable it.
Because, in our condition it can prevent NOC to get an access to the equipment.

Hi Stijn:

What is your recommendation ?
Could we have a call in order to discuss that issue ?
I have prepared a lab environnment, just tell me when you're available ! ;-)

Everyone in the MDM pilot: (And maybe everyone

Did you test the TELNET / SSHP MP and does it work like expected ?
(Especially CISCO SSH LOGIN/PASSWORD METHOD ...)

Thanks to all in advance for your help
Cheers/Frederic

Hi,

First of all apologies for the late reply, but I was away, and have been very busy since I've been back.

I'm looking into this problem, however, since I did not write the code myself, this could take some time to figure out what is going on. I'll keep you updated when I find something, and if you want we can have a call then, ok?

As for the connection by means of SSH, I'd like to ask if you're using a key, or just a login/password? Because if you are using a key, the key mustn't be protected by a password (yet -- this is one of the features which is high on my list of priorities).

Regards,

Stijn