perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] PerfSonar GUI on FC5

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] PerfSonar GUI on FC5

  • From: "Vedrin Jeliazkov" <>
  • To: "Barney Garrett" <>, "'Luuk Oostenbrink'" <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] PerfSonar GUI on FC5
  • Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 12:54:55 +0300
  • Disposition-notification-to: "Vedrin Jeliazkov" <>

Hi Barney,

"Barney Garrett"

We’re aware that there are some tradeoffs between sticking to JVM 1.4.2 and
upgrading to 1.5.0. We have carefully considered these alternatives a few
months ago and finally decided to upgrade. PerfsonarUI’s code is entirely
1.5.0 based since mid June 2006.

BTW, the upcoming Java 6 has some new security and web services related
features which might be of particular interest to perfSONAR, when they become
mature enough.

Best regards,
Vedrin