perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] using RRD MA in production environment/NOC

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] using RRD MA in production environment/NOC

  • From: Barney Garrett <>
  • To: ulisses <>
  • Cc: ,
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] using RRD MA in production environment/NOC
  • Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 10:58:03 +0100

Oooppss. Now to answer other questions.

ulisses wrote:
- what hardware is suggested?

I've set up several MA's now. At one location I'm using a dell gx280 2.8GHz cpu with 1GB ram. Another is a AMD Sempron 2600+ with 512MB, and the third is a Dual CPU Dual core Xeon 3.2GHz with 2GB ram.
All appear to work fine.

- how much time is needed to setup it?
I've got it down to about half a day including installing the OS and all the dependencies. Though I started the first install December 2005, and each release I couldn't quite get it right. :)

Barney