perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Re: [GN2-JRA1] SWITCH perfSONAR RRD MA Installation V1.0

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Re: [GN2-JRA1] SWITCH perfSONAR RRD MA Installation V1.0

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To: Chris Welti <>
  • Cc: ,
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Re: [GN2-JRA1] SWITCH perfSONAR RRD MA Installation V1.0
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 11:09:17 -0400

Chris;

In the newer readme file:

http://anonsvn.internet2.edu/svn/perfsonar/branches/release/perfsonar/releng/perfSONAR-1.0/Readme.txt

There is a section called "eXist non-GUI Configuration" that talks about using the client from the command line to add users, collections, and files.
-jason

Chris Welti wrote:
Hmm, it seems that the exist DB is empty.
(when using client.sh to connect to it and looking at rrdmaconfig content)

Shouldn't the DB filled with the rrd xml config file?
How do I do that manually?

Chris

Chris Welti wrote:
I've installed the V1.0 version of the Java RRD MA using
Java 1.5.0.8, tomcat 5.5.17.0, axis 1.4 and eXist-snapshot-20060316.
Finally, after about a week of installing it seems that everything is
running and also responding to requests, however, using perfSONAR UI V0.08
I can not see any results. Data seems to be retrieved, but nothing is
shown. (Yes, I have edited MA.conf to reflect the new MA URL).

Can somebody try to see what is wrong?

The URL is:
http://archive.sonar.net.switch.ch:8180/axis/services/MeasurementArchiveService

I haven't found any logfile where I could see the requests coming to the MA
or errors that these requests would yield.

Any hints, how I can debug that?

Thanks,
Chris