perfsonar-user - Re: [pS-dev] asking for experiences using perfsonar in production environment/NOC

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [pS-dev] asking for experiences using perfsonar in production environment/NOC

  • From: Andreas Hanemann <>
  • To: ulisses <>
  • Cc: ,
  • Subject: Re: [pS-dev] asking for experiences using perfsonar in production environment/NOC
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 11:42:34 +0200

Hi Ulisses,

More information about the purpose of perfSONAR visualisation tools can
be found in the attached paper and the corresponding presentation which
will be held at the ICISP conference this weekend.

For the CNM, we have written some scripts to convert topological
information which is contained in domain-specific formats (e.g. IS-IS
output) to the CNM data format. Another script is able to request the
data for these elements from the RRD MAs so that we can attach
utilisation information to the links.

For running the CNM Java and JavaWebStart have to be installed at a
machine. The launch of the client itself then only requires the right
URL (and being allowed to use the tool by entering the login and password).

For more information see: http://wiki.perfsonar.net/jra1-wiki/index.php/CNM

Best regards
Andreas

--
Andreas Hanemann,

Boltzmannstrasse 1, 85748 Garching, Germany
Telefon: +49 89 35831-8712
Fax: +49 89 35831-9700