perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR 1.0 install

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR 1.0 install

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To: Szymon Trocha <>
  • Cc: ,
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR 1.0 install
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 08:14:55 -0400

Szymon;
The 'test-ls.sh' or 'test-ls.sh' scripts are how we test the installation of the services; these use the some of the request files in the xml directory. If these don't work I can attempt to help you further.

I think you should make it clear in Readme.txt with a short paragraph how to test the service with these scripts as they are already there. It seems people ask about testing.

After the last round of changes (and based on working with Yee) the Readme has been edited a bit:

http://anonsvn.internet2.edu/svn/perfsonar/branches/release/perfsonar/releng/perfSONAR-1.0/Readme.txt

The wiki does point to the latest version, and I would like feedback if things are still not clear.

An additional issue that was brought to my attention my Yee is the lack of any form of 'help' flag in the client, and also the presence of default values pointing to specific local files and a specific MA. Even though the client is simple, we should clean this up a bit as this is the first interaction users will need to test the systems.
-jason