perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR 1.0 install

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR 1.0 install

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To: Yee-Ting Li <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR 1.0 install
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 15:09:19 -0400

Yee-Ting Li;
i think i've just installed perfSONAR 1.0. however, there appears to be a lack of test scripts :( i did an install from the commandline install (after an unsuccessful GUI install - it complained of the inability to chmod log.sh).

Could you please file a bug on this issue.

i have my exist server running as a tomcat deployed service (from the a war file). and i also have the tomcat server running on port 80 (due to local security regulations).

all installation path prompts were set to the correct values.

i can view the wsdl's for both the MA and LS services under axis.

And now... Some Services

AdminService (wsdl)
AdminService
Version (wsdl)
getVersion
LookupService (wsdl)
acceptCall
MeasurementArchiveService (wsdl)
acceptCall

This is a thought unrelated to your current problem, but have you installed both the LS and the MA to use the same instance of tomcat? Only one can use tomcat at a time (due to the catalina.properties configuration we use).
however, i can't test the service without writing my own client! did my install go bad? or does the 1.0 install not include any testing scripts?

<snip>

|-- scripts
| |-- LSAxisDeploy.sh
| |-- LSAxisUndeploy.sh
| |-- MAAxisDeploy.sh
| |-- MAAxisUndeploy.sh
| |-- cleanup.sh
| |-- restore-.sh
| |-- test-ls.sh
| `-- test-ma.sh

|-- LSDeregisterRequest.xml
|-- LSKeepaliveRequest.xml
|-- LSQueryRequest.xml
|-- LSRegisterRequest.xml
|-- MAQueryKeyRequest.xml
|-- MAQueryRequest.xml
|-- MAStoreKeyRequest.xml
`-- MAStoreRequest.xml

The 'test-ls.sh' or 'test-ls.sh' scripts are how we test the installation of the services; these use the some of the request files in the xml directory. If these don't work I can attempt to help you further.
-jason