perfsonar-announce - [perfsonar-announce] Fwd: CI Engineering Lunch & Learn - Friday July 22nd @ 2pm ET

Subject: perfSONAR Announcements

[perfsonar-announce] Fwd: CI Engineering Lunch & Learn - Friday July 22nd @ 2pm ET

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To: "" <>, perfsonar-announce <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-announce] Fwd: CI Engineering Lunch & Learn - Friday July 22nd @ 2pm ET
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 10:33:58 -0500

Greetings All;

Passing along a talk announcement of interest.

Thanks;

-jason

On July 19, 2022 at 10:29:36 AM, Jason Zurawski () wrote:

Greetings All;

The next CI Eng Lunch & Learn talk will occur Friday July 22nd at 2pm ET.  The speakers will be Ed Colone & Interns from Univ of Michigan and they will be talking about "Monitoring WiFi Metrics with pSSID and perfSONAR 5.0”.  Here is a quick abstract for the talk:

This talk will cover the  process of active performance monitoring a distributed redundant WiFi deployment at the University of Michigan.  pSSID is a task orchestrator that uses new features in perfSONAR 5.0 to monitor WiFi performance on campus.  The talk will cover the provisioning of the system, development challenges, new features available in perfSONAR 5.0, and a glimpse of what is coming for monitoring your wireless and wired network infrastructure.

N.B. The Zoom number for 2022 is the same as 2021, connecting via computer preferred if you want to see materials, etc.  We ask that everyone *MUTE* on entry:

Join Zoom Meeting

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,804696793# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,804696793# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 804 696 793
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aboUJCvWEZ

Join by SIP

Join by H.323
162.255.37.11 (US West)
162.255.36.11 (US East)
221.122.88.195 (China)
115.114.131.7 (India)
213.19.144.110 (EMEA)
202.177.207.158 (Australia)
209.9.211.110 (Hong Kong)
64.211.144.160 (Brazil)
69.174.57.160 (Canada)
Meeting ID: 804 696 793

Some other reminders and notes:

 - The next couple of talks as scheduled are:

1) July 22nd, 2022: Ed Colone & Interns from Univ of Michigan - "Monitoring WiFi Metrics with pSSID and perfSONAR 5.0"
2) Between July 29 and August 5th 2022: No Talks Scheduled
3)  August 12th, 2022: Michael Sinatra / ESnet - “When the IETF mixes Spaghetti-Os with Alphabet Soup: How to make sense of DoH, DoT, and DoQ and their implications for Cyberinfrastructure and information security"

 - We need volunteers!  For those wishing to sign up, send an email indicating you want to present!

 - If you wish to invite others from your campus, please do (the zoom can support a very large number of people - more the better)

 - I have posted info on prior recordings to this location:

 - We use YouTube as well:

Thanks;

-jason

  • [perfsonar-announce] Fwd: CI Engineering Lunch & Learn - Friday July 22nd @ 2pm ET, Jason Zurawski, 07/19/2022