perfsonar-announce - [perfsonar-announce] perfSONAR 4.2.0 Beta available for testing

Subject: perfSONAR Announcements

[perfsonar-announce] perfSONAR 4.2.0 Beta available for testing

  • From: Andrew Lake <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-announce] perfSONAR 4.2.0 Beta available for testing
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 13:10:42 -0500

All,

The first beta of the next major version of perfSONAR 4.2.0 is now available. This is not a final release and should not be put on production systems. We are making it available for wider testing to help get it ready for a final release in the near future. A few highlights include:

- A new pScheduler disk-to-disk test with support for a GridFTP and curl tool
- pSConfig Web Administrator (PWA) RPMS
- Support for perfSONAR Ansible roles
- Support for task priorities in pScheduler
- End of BWCTL backward compatibility support in pScheduler

Full release notes can be found here: https://www.perfsonar.net/release-notes/version-4-2-0b1/

Instructions for configuring your host to use the beta can be found here: http://docs.perfsonar.net/install_rcs.html. Note that the Debian packages are not quite yet available but will be soon. The RPMs and Toolkit ISOs are ready for testing though and details are at the link. If you have a dedicated tester that permanently points at staging, it may have already updated if it is running auto-updates.

Other useful references include:
 - Documentation for the beta can be found here: http://docs.perfsonar.net/release_candidates/4.2.0/
 - Toolkit testing checklist: https://github.com/perfsonar/project/wiki/Toolkit-Testing-Checklist
 - Graph Testing Checklist: https://github.com/perfsonar/project/wiki/Graphs-GUI-Testing-Checklist

As always, your help testing is much appreciated and critical to a successful release. We look forward to your feedback.

Thank you,
The perfSONAR Development Team