perfsonar-announce - [perfsonar-announce] perfSONAR and the GDPR

Subject: perfSONAR Announcements

[perfsonar-announce] perfSONAR and the GDPR

  • From: Antoine Delvaux <>
  • To: , perfsonar-user <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-announce] perfSONAR and the GDPR
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2018 16:25:54 +0000
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

This is a message of importance to all perfSONAR public nodes administrators.

The European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is coming into effect
this Friday 25th of May. You can find more information about it at
https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection_en With this message
we want to inform you of the perfSONAR Privacy Notice and tell you how you
can correct or remove any personal data you would have in our service
instances.

perfSONAR collects and stores data in the Lookup Service (LS) for its
operations and for the benefits of each perfSONAR user. Most of the data
stored in the LS is technical, service specific or about network
infrastructure.

Some contact details are also stored to get in touch with you, the people
that are running all the perfSONAR nodes around the world. With this message
we want to advise you to review the contact details you have configured for
your perfSONAR node(s) and change any personal data that you have shared with
us to role or group information instead. The information kept on the LS is
discarded and needs to be refreshed every 24h, so you can also stop the
service if you prefer that your data is not stored on our servers at all (but
this would be detrimental to all of our community).

Our full privacy notice is available at
https://www.perfsonar.net/about/privacy-policy/

We will very soon publish a very small package upgrade to mention our privacy
notice where it is relevant and add a checkbox in the perfSONAR toolkit Web
Admin GUI to make sure you have it in mind when filling up information sent
to the LS.

And if you want to cancel your subscription to the perfSONAR mailing lists,
you can do so at
- https://lists.internet2.edu/sympa/sigrequest/perfsonar-user
- https://lists.internet2.edu/sympa/sigrequest/perfsonar-announce

The perfSONAR project.

  • [perfsonar-announce] perfSONAR and the GDPR, Antoine Delvaux, 05/25/2018