perfsonar-announce - [perfsonar-announce] Debian automatic upgrade requires manual action

Subject: perfSONAR Announcements

[perfsonar-announce] Debian automatic upgrade requires manual action

  • From: Antoine Delvaux <>
  • To: ,
  • Subject: [perfsonar-announce] Debian automatic upgrade requires manual action
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 18:50:48 +0000

Dear perfSONAR Debian users,

We noticed a few days ago that the automatic update routine described on our
web site to keep your perfSONAR Debian/Ubuntu hosts up to date needs a manual
action.

Because of the change in the perl perfSONAR libraries we have introduced in
3.5.1 the automatic process does not conclude with a complete upgrade. For
it to be fulfilled, one must run the following command manually once:

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Symptoms of not running this command may result in some perfSONAR services
unable to start/restart or not working correctly.

Our apologies for this inconvenience.

Kind regards,

The perfSONAR development team.

  • [perfsonar-announce] Debian automatic upgrade requires manual action, Antoine Delvaux, 03/23/2016