Subject: perfSONAR Announcements
[perfsonar-announce] perfSONAR 3.4.2 now available!
- From: Andrew Lake <>
- To: "" <>, perfsonar-announce <>
- Subject: [perfsonar-announce] perfSONAR 3.4.2 now available!
- Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 10:51:32 -0400
The final release of perfSONAR 3.4.2 is now available. This is primarily a bug fix release with a few minor enhancements. Notable features and changes include:
* BWCTL graphs now show test failures as red dots on the graph. This should make it easier to distinguish between cases where no test was run versus a test tried to run but failed.
* The amount of installed memory is now shown in the Toolkit main page. This makes it easier to debug issues caused by a system below the recommended memory requirements of 4GB . Hosts under this recommended amount will have this field highlighted in red.
* A number of fixes to the regular_testing daemon to prevent issues with data files, configuration files and logs from filling disks.
* Continues to include latest BWCTL (1.5.4) and iperf3 (3.0.11) software
* Many more updates that can be found in the full release notes here: https://www.perfsonar.net/release-notes/version-3-4-2/
Existing users that have auto-updates configured should download the changes in the next 24 hours. Those without auto-updates can run 'yum update' by hand to get the latest version. It is recommended all users reboot their host after this update. This not only ensures all updated services are running, but that any recently downloaded kernel patches and security fixes are applied. No other special steps are required for upgrade and all of your data prior to update should be retained. Please let us know if that is not the case.
Special Note for RC Testers: If you are upgrading from 3.4.2rc1 auto-updates should migrate you back to the main repository eventually but it may take an extra day. If you want to do this update by hand run "yum update", followed by "yum clean all", and then "yum update" again. After that, perform a reboot. These extra steps are required to point an installation back at the primary yum repository (instead of the testing repository). You may not have any package updates since the last commit to the testing branch became the final release.
For new installers, you may get our NetInstall or FullInstall ISOs here: http://software.internet2.edu/pS-Performance_Toolkit/
For more information on the installation and configuration see http://docs.perfsonar.net.
Thanks again to all our testers and those that provided feedback. If you have any questions please direct them to .
Description: S/MIME cryptographic signature
- [perfsonar-announce] perfSONAR 3.4.2 now available!, Andrew Lake, 03/24/2015
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.